Fanfare...Drumroll...
No not just because I'm updating my blog!! I have been a busy little bee, just humming around the house and chained to my sewing machine. I've been sooo in love with that machine this past month.
Okay, enough of that.
Imagine yourself on the catwalk doing your thing with your trusty AMM Tote at your side and suddenly all your tools start falling out. Horrors... They are everywhere, all over the runway. This happens to me a lot. Not of the runway, but getting from my car to the crop. In fact, I lost my brayer for a month. I later found it under the front seat of my car. On top of that, I'm getting ready for a trip and I plan to take some SB classes during non working hours. I wanted to take my tote with me just in case they asked us to use something that was not in the basic tool box. The problem was that I didn't want everything falling out of the tote and into my luggage.
I thought about it a bit and decided to make a cover for the tote. At least if anything fell out during the time I was intransit, it would be contained inside the cover. So without further ado, here is my tote cover.
I made a few extras and you can view them here:
They are listed at the end of the album. As you can see, I don't know how to embed a link.
If you would like to order a tote or a purse, please email me for particulars. The tote will sell for $15 and that includes s/h in the US. and the purses sell for $50 including s/h.
I hope I don't get bumped off my connection here. We are having some pretty fierce storms around here and I'm expecting to have to shut this down pretty quickly. The little bit of rain we have had so far is really making my backyard look nice. There is nothing like a little rain to brighten up your flower beds. I'm hoping that by the time I get back home that everything will be beautiful and blooming and as an added bonus there will be little tomatoes on the tomato plant. Maybe and eggplant and a pepper or two as well.
I am trying tomatoes this year for the first time in several years. The last time I planted them the possums ate them. I went out to pick three really beautiful specimens and when I took them from the plant, they were hollow. The possum had leaned away from the fence, had eaten a hole in the back side of the tomato and had cleaned out the interior of the tomato. I was a bit sad, but there was one happy little possum. Oh, and no I don't live in the country. I live smack, dab in the middle of suburbia!! I would like to be rid of the stinky little rascals, but another would just take its place.
I need to say ta-ta and begin to get ready for my trip.
Aren't you the clever girl!!? An AMM Tote Cover! I have a different (less "cool") tote I take in suitcases when I have to fly to a scrapbook event. Your tote is genius! I hope I win!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carol G in NorCal
I love the tote cover! What a clever idea!
ReplyDeleteVery cute cover...pick me pick me
ReplyDeleteHi all CE'rs
Nancy in Texas
I love that bag cover. What a great idea from a fellow Texan!
ReplyDeleteLisa in Texas
Sandy
ReplyDeleteThose are super-cute--great idea!
Suzy
Those are CUTE!!! Would love to have one. You're so creative you make me SICK! lol...
ReplyDeleteHow smart! I swear everytime I am headed to a crop I have to slam on my brakes and my tote spills!! I'm lovin' the zebra! I'm sure we'll see these at CE.
ReplyDeleteCandi, in Iowa
I love it when a plan comes together. What a concept? Mine bulges in spots that it shouldn't...go figure.
ReplyDeleteSandy--You don't have to count my second comment, but I had to get in a DIG at the AGGIE bags! My dh and I are UT Austin grads, so the "Gig 'Em!" bag just is not my "style". LOL In fact, I am wearing a burnt orange Texas (Longhorn) hoodie right now! However, to our horror, my dh works at the Univ. of Calif. Davis Medical Center and UC Davis are the AGGIES of the UC System! Now, he's an Aggie! Yikes! BTW--my TX brother has a burnt orange metallic Corvette! It's in our family's blood! Carol G in NorCal
ReplyDeleteHi Sandy, those covers are adorable! You may have to start taking orders on the CE board!! My "owner" and I would love to have one...I am an AMM tote that never gets to go out in public 'cause she's afraid I'll lose stuff, so we really need one of these. I just sit on the desk here at home, lonely and jealous of all the other bags that get to go to CE and other fun events... xoxo, Susan in NY's tote
ReplyDeleteVery, very creative! I would love to have one of these! Look forward to getting to know you better on the CE boards!
ReplyDeleteJennifer :)
So cool to find your blog! See you once again at CE :).
ReplyDeleteThat dastardly little possum...have you tried fencing in garden somehow? My Dad did this to keep the deer out of his veggies.
ReplyDeleteLove your tool coverlet--that sure will be handy when you head for AZ! You will be soooo fashionable! Cya. LenaS
lovin' your ideas!!!
ReplyDeleteI saw the purses at By Design, they are so creative, and I love the Tote cover. What a great idea. I think I need one. :)
ReplyDeleteBernadette