Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Yum-O

It's been a while since I updated here. I got a lot of flack from my retreat mates, so I'm finally going to update my blog!!
Sunday before last I woke up to the smells of the breakfast cooking--straight from NOLA!! Beignets and coffee milk, oh so good!! It was as good at being at the Cafe du Monde!! A group of old and new friends met in Lake Charles at Arbor Oaks for a weekend of scrappin, drinkin, laughin and eatin. Lot's of good Cajun food including fresh boudin and crackers--my FAV!! We did our own cooking and it was fabulass. Everyone took a meal and it was all good.
I learn a few cajun/creole words. Thank goodness I can't remember them because I sure I wouldn't have occasion to repeat them!! It was great seeing my old friends. It has been over a year since we were all together and could stir up a little trouble.
Many beautiful layouts were created and displayed. We even had a little challenge going on. The local Scrapbooking store was just a few blocks away and we certainly took advantage of their sale! In fact, they had a pink sale going on. Everything that was pink was discounted, even if the pink only appeared in the label!!
Here's the link for Arbor Oaks


Glitter and glue to you!

Sandy
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I am glad to see you posting, its my best way to keep up with you. I have your circle journal complete, I am going to mail you my pages and send on photocopies with the rest of the book to the other ladies. I don't want to send my originals through the swap. I always found my CJ took such a beating.

    ReplyDelete