Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's been a while

As usual I haven't posted in a while. Life has been busy, OK? I managed to make it through my first day of substitute teaching and made it out alive--86 seventh graders. Arghhh!

This last weekend my friend, Peggy, and I went junking/antiquing to Glen Flora and Rosenberg on Saturday and on Sunday we met up at Houston's Urban Market. We managed to snag a few goodies and forgot the camera. I'll be making a trip back to Glen Flora to pick up a couple of things we passed on and have now decided we must have.

Today I listed my first items on Etsy!! You can see them here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/lolcoop I feel very honored to be invited to join this collective of creative women. I posted my handmade flowers and a couple of vintage paper collections.
The weather here in Sugar Land is absolutely beautiful today and I'm thinking I'll go work in the yard for a bit. I need to harvest the pine cones out of my front yard, if nothing else. I'll be glad when they stop dropping. I fill a large trash bag of them about every other day right now. It's good exercise, but it makes my back hurt. The rusty years are at play here.
Thanksgiving is looming large on the horizon and I'm trying to decide what dishes I will contribute to our dinner. We will be meeting with family in College Station and after the meal we'll be tailgaiting and going to the A&M vs tu game. BTHO tu!!! We've spoiled their season more than once...
That's it for now. More later this week.
Sandy

1 comment:

  1. Love the flowers, beautiful color choice! I don't envy you the 86 middle schoolers, but it's good to have the extra money!

    ReplyDelete