Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Creative Escape



Home at last! Whew, what a week. My RFL (roommates for life) and I met up on Tuesday morning at the Phoenix airport at 9 am or there abouts, got our car and set out for some serious shopping in the Phoenix area. We hit everything on our list for the first day and then some: Melrose Vintage (I could kick myself for not getting a piece of junk that I liked), then to Frenzy Stamper, Sprinkles CupCakes (not too impressed with that) and then to the hotel. Wednesday morning bright and early we were on the Bazzill bus to buy cardstock (it was like a kid in a candy store, but I have plenty of cs now)then on to Scrapbooks Etc. for more shopping. In the afternoon we made it to Mystic Paper (I heart this store!), Domestic Bliss, SAS Fabric (Gloria scored a yard of Amy Butler fabric for $5) and after that everything is a blur. Thursday morning we had a reunion breakfast of the the China trip. It was really awesome to see everyone and catch up. Jaci from Scrapmap was there and we talked her into talking Jim into a London/Cottswald tour with Heidi in 2011!! Whoop!! After breakfast everything for the next three days is pretty much a blur. The projects were over the top. Not a bad one in the bunch and head and shoulders over CE07. Evidently, they noticed I boycotted CE08 and cleaned up their act. The closing dinner was delicious as was all the meals. The highlight for me was having my friend and dinner partner, Penny Powers, win her golden ticket for CE10!! Way to go!

Glo and I decided we would take a little wind down time and moved to a cheaper hotel Sunday and just lazed around. Went to see Inglorious Basterds!! Bloody, funny and typical Tarrentino! Would definitely see that one again and probably laugh even more. Managed to arrive home about 6 on Monday after schleping 60 lbs of luggage through 2 airports. Definitely need to rethink what I take to these events and I even shipped stuff back to myself. A good time was had by all.
Now I have to get ready for Inspiration Unlimited in Las Vegas at the end of September and that's it for me.





4 comments:

  1. Did you ever get to shop at Rust and Roses? I'm sure you know all about the other junkin' stores, incl Paris Envy, but Rust and Roses was new to me, altho it's been there 2 years, Sherry (at the counter) said. It's Carol W, who lives in Gilbert, who always takes me around when I visit her, just as I do when she stays here with me. What I want to understand is why, at my age, I am now re-buying stuff that is my age that I gave away when I was younger and smarter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what is worse, they are calling it vintage!! It irritates me to see something we had as a child and wish my Mom had saved it, but she was a tosser. And she was busy buying stuff from her youth. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the recap - I want to go next year just for the pre-event shopping! Maybe I'll start saving pennies for the London trip! heather b.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a good time! And so happy to see that Penni
    won the Golden Ticket! I may sign up for next year - will have to
    wait and see. Maybe will see you!
    Heading to Hawaii in two days! Judy Howard

    ReplyDelete